The Central Pennsylvania Corvette Club was founded in 1971 by a small group of Corvette enthusiasts who wished to improve upon the array of Corvette Clubs by forming a club in the Greater Harrisburg area. The mission of the club is to encourage the use and enjoyment of your Corvette. Trips, events and social activities for club members are planned throughout the year. Regulated competition events are organized. These events could be Road Rallyes, Autocrosses or Concours. Other activities are scheduled which include picnics, car cruises, and other outings.
The club currently has 106 members and represents one of the larger clubs in the East Region.
Club members reside primarily in Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York counties, but there are no boundaries.
CPCC has been sanctioned by the National Council of Corvette Clubs, Inc. (NCCC) since 1973 and operates within its established guidelines. NCCC was formed to encourage interactivity between Corvette clubs. It operates the sanction program to provide uniform and fair standards for competition events sponsored by individual Corvette clubs. The NCCC includes 16 regions that encompass the United States. The national membership is comprised of more than 17,350 members. CPCC is part of the East Region that includes Corvette Clubs located in Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, Deleware, New Jersey, Washington, D.C., West Virginia and Virginia. The East Region currently has 29 clubs and over 2,600 members.
The Club sponsors, organizes and participates in numerous competition events throughout the year, such as:
- Judged Concours Corvette Shows: Cars are judged for cleanliness and workmanship according to NCCC rules.
- People's Choice Fun Shows: Winners selected by show participants and/or spectators
- Auto Cross Races: Lowspeed or highspeed racing on a closed course
- Funkahanna: Fun event usually using your Corvette on a parking lot.
- Rallye: Corvette driven on public highways requiring the driver and navigator to follow a specified route and other instructions.
- Economy Run: Rallye type event in which the best gas mileage over a perscribed course wins.
The club also organizes various non-competitive events throughout the year such as:
- Car Cruising to points of interest or events
- Occasional one, two and three day Corvette Cruises to points of interest.
- Ice Cream Cruises
- Provide Corvettes for parades and special events.
- Social Activities: picnics, parties, etc.
- Monthly Game/Card nights at members homes and breakfast socials during those long cold winter months.
- Annual Christmas party and awards banquet that includes entertainment, dancing and socializing.
CPCC actively participates in the annual Corvettes at Carlisle event.
CPCC is very proud of the contributions the club makes to various charities with the money raised at the events.
Club member meetings are held monthly (good time to socialize).
Click here for information on meeting location.
The Glass Gazette Newsletter is published and mailed to members monthly.
Regular monthly club meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 7:30.
For information on joining, Click Here